Since the 2016 Vans Warped Tour is kicking off this month across the United States, this week’s post will be about what to expect for Warped Tour!
- Power up!– Charge any device you hope to bring with you! Whether you want to Snapchat all day, or Facetime friends during certain sets, make sure you have a device that is charged.
- Stay hydrated!!!!!– I know, you’re all thinking that everyone stays hydrated, but so many people pass about because of lack of water. You’re able to bring in one sealed water bottle in with you. Also, there is a water station at Warped.
- Dress comfortably– It gets super hot out during Warped Tour. Make sure that you wear clothes and shoes that you’re comfortable being in. The last thing you would want to be is uncomfortable on a whole day of non-stop music.
- Wear sunscreen– This seems like an obvious one, but not many people bring sunscreen with them or put it on once at the beginning of the day. Trust me, bringing a bottle of spray sunscreen is a lifesaver. Don’t be afraid to ask someone to spray your back too! Be friendly with the people around you.
- Bring a backpack– It might be annoying to carry around all the things you purchase or what you’re already bringing in, therefore, you should bring something to carry with you throughout the day. Whether you want to bring back the fanny pack or wear a drawstring bag on your back, it’s totally up to you!
- Bring cash with you– If you want to buy merchandise, food, water, and more, I recommend stopping at the bank or asking your caregiver for some cash for the day. Make sure you spend it wisely.
- Timing is key– Make sure you don’t get to the venue late. Lets face it, nobody likes standing on a line, especially in the heat.
- Support your local music scene– there will be a few people who will try to sell their CD to you outside of the venue, if you’re interested in the music, see where you can purchase their music. Having a sense of community is what makes Warped Tour so exciting.
- Walk around the area– whenever you have free time, walk around the area where your local Warped tour will be held. If you’re looking to meet up with a friend or buy some merchandise from a band, I recommend that you walk around and get the feel of where things are.
- Merch– Band merchandise is super important. Whether you want to get one thing or change your whole wardrobe, it’s totally up to you. It’s always great to support your favorite band or a new band. Stop by the tents and pick out some cool merchandise.
- Buy a sharpie– If you want to carry a sharpie with you throughout the day, I definitely recommend it. If you run into a band member and want something signed, (i.e. album, poster or even a marriage application) it’s important to always be prepared.
- Band meetings– during warped, some bands will walk around the lines and sell their latest CD. If you don’t have their CD, I hope that you at least talk to or purchase a CD. It’s always great to get a cool new band to listen to, and sometimes the members will take a picture with you. Also, bands will have meet ups at their tents at various times during the day. Make sure you don’t miss out!
- Following band members– Don’t be that fan who follows around the lead singer of a band all day. There’s times where you can see or meet a band you like. If not, don’t follow the band around. Sometimes the members need their privacy.
- Listings for the day– I think that having a list of showtimes for each band is an essential thing to have with you. If you’re going to see a few bands you know, it’s crucial that you don’t miss their set. Buy a list from some vendor or even take a picture of the blowup wall of times for each band. You won’t regret it.
- Know the stages– All the bands that will be at Warped already have a designated stage that they’ll be at. Click here if you want to know what band is playing where.
- Check out some new bands– Whether you’ve heard the name of the band, you’ve never heard of them, or even heard one song from the band, Warped is such a positive community and an event filled with great music. If you didn’t preview the bands you were interested in seeing, I think going to see their set is a great way to see if you’re interested in their music.
- Don’t fall under peer pressure– if someone around you is taking something that you’re uncomfortable with, please don’t fall under the pressure. I don’t know how the people get in with various substances, but make sure you’re comfortable with where you are.
- Safety is important!– If you’re not comfortable with crowd surfers, or being in a mosh or circle pit, you can always walk away from the area. Stay safe.
- Shade is your friend– if you’re feeling hot throughout the day, sit in the shade. Don’t wear out your body because you want to stand in a huge crowd.
- Capture moments– make sure you take pictures or videos of what you want to remember for the day. When you look back at the photos, you can always remember the different memories you’ve made.
Rock on, stay humble, and be positive!
Check out: 16 Bands You Need to Check Out In 2016 to see some bands that I’ve mentioned that will be at Warped Tour this year.