Thank you Shanideasblog for nominating me for this blogger appreciation. She found my blog in a Facebook group when I wrote a review about “Black Butterflies and Déjà Vu” by The Maine. It means a lot that she found my blog recently and nominated my blog. Thank you so much!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story about how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
I love music and to write. When I was younger, I’d always write stories and poetry. I kept a journal of my life and my thoughts. At my first internship, I spent hours doing work for the company that I interned at. I wrote one post about the music legends that passed away in 2016, and the second post I wrote was one that my internship coordinator asked me to write about: the loss of Prince. I listened to Prince with my mom and wrote about his passing. It occured to me that day that I could write about anything I could ever want and publish it online.
It seemed scary to me at first. I loved writing and music, but I felt that starting a blog would get no views whatsoever. Also, I felt that if I wrote about music, it would be redundant about the same bands I listen to. I figured that the best way to expand my music knowledge was to start my blog.
I thought forever about what I could possibly write about to start my writing journey on “ovictoria.” I decided to write an introduction about what I was hoping to get out of writing which was knowledge about the music genre of Alternative, pop punk, emo, etc. After the first post, I felt that I could continue to write about my thoughts about what’s going on in the field. April 3 will mark a full year that I had my blog, and it was the best decision for me.
- Be consistent- It’s so important to realize that consistency is key to anything you do in life. It may seem obvious for someone to realize consistency is important, but sometimes you need that push. I felt that some weeks I didn’t have much to say (Mostly because I was preoccupied with other obligations.) I felt like writing once a week would give me enough time to get my thoughts out without being too excessive. Figure out what works best in your schedule and keep at it!
- Enjoy the things you write about- it may seem obvious to do this, but if you don’t enjoy what you write, it may feel like a chore more than a passion. A blog is meant to be a way of self expression. If you write about something you have an interest or opinion about, you may realize it’s something you could be passionate about.
Thank you everyone who has been reading my blog. It means a lot that you are interested in the things I write about. A new post will be up on Friday about Milky Chance.
Rock on, stay humble, and be positive!
*Follow me on Twitter @ovictoriamedia.