Thinking of downloading new music to listen to? You came to the right post. Here are 17 bands to check out this year!
- Movements (@movementsCA) is a pop punk band from Orange County, CA. The group released their first EP Outgrown Things and has been taking the scene by storm with touring with bands like Real Friends and Senses Fail. I highly recommend listening to Outgrown Things in its entirety. Movements will be at the 2017 Vans Warped Tour and is nominated in the category of “Best Underground Band” for this year’s APMAs.
Check out their song “Hatchet” off of their EP Outgrown Things.
- The Hunna (@THEHUNNABAND) is a rock group from Hertfordshire, England. The group formed in 2015 and has been touring cross the United States and Europe selling out a lot of shows. Their album 100 has been out since August of 2016.
Check out their song “Bonfire” off of their album 100.
- Coin (@COIN_music) is an indie pop band from Nashville, TN. The group formed in 2012 and has released COIN and their latest album How Will You Know If You You Don’t Try.
Check out their song “Run” off of their album COIN.
- Mondo Cozmo (@MondoCozmo)is Joshua Ostrander’s name he goes by when recording and performing since 2016. The genre of music is folk rock. There is no album yet released under Mondo Cozmo, but his song “Shine” blew up on Sirius XM AltNation and Billboard Alternative Charts. Mondo Cozmo will be performing at a variety of festivals including Governor’s Ball.
Check out “Shine.”
- Boston Manor (@BSTNMNNR) is a pop punk band from England. Boston Manor has two albums released Suadade and Be Nothing. I saw Boston Manor open for Broadside, and the guys were great live. Plus, the guys in Boston Manor are super sweet. They will be at the 2017 Vans Warped Tour.
Check out their song “Forget Me Not” off of Be Nothing.
- Vinyl Theatre (@vinyltheatre) is an indie rock band from Milwaukee, WI. The group has released Gold, Electrogram and their latest album Origami (which I blogged about in a recent post.) After seeing their set when they toured with Dashboard Confessional, I understood why this group has been gaining popularity. Vinyl Theatre will be touring with Misterwives across the United States in the fall.
Check out their song “Breaking Up My Bones” off of Electrogram
- Too Close To Touch (@TooCloseToTouch) has been gaining recognition in recent years and for good reason. The group is from Lexington, KY and has released two albums Nerve Endings and Haven’t Been Myself (which I blogged about their release.) I met Too Close To Touch last year at Warpe Tour and saw that they were down to earth guys making great alternative music.
Check out their song “Translate” off of Haven’t Been Myself.
- Sykes (@SYKESband) is an alternative/indie band from the UK. Meeting them at Warped Tour last year after enjoying their electric set was fantastic. The group has EPs out Gold Dust and Younger Mind which are great.
Check out their song “Gold Dust.”
- Stages & Stereos (@stages_stereos) is a rock band from Tallahassee, FL. Stages & Stereos took a brief hiatus and came back with new songs like “Remember You,” “Co-Dependent (Good Enough),” and “Julia Gulia.” Stages & Stereos toured with Mayday Parade in 2013, which is where I saw them perform. I blogged about Stages & Stereos in a previous post about their song “Julia Gulia.”
Check out their song “Julia Gulia” and read my review about the song here.
- Grayscale (@GrayscalePA) is signed to Fearless Records as of earlier this year and released their first full length album Adornment. Grayscale just toured with As It Is across the United States on the “Okay.USA tour.”
Check out their song “Atlantic” off of Adornment.
- If you haven’t hear of MISSIO (@MissioMusic) yet, you should get on it. The duo is from Austin, TX and has released the album Loner under RCA Records. MISSIO recently headlined the spring 2017 Advanced Placement Tour hosted by Sirius XM AltNation. The duo is on my list of bands I want to see live.
Check out their song “Bottom Of The Deep Blue Sea.”
- As It Is (@ASITISofficial) is a pop punk band from Brighton, UK. Since forming in 2012, the group got signed to Fearless Records and released Never Happy Ever After and their latest album Okay. (which I blogged about the release.) As It Is recently finished up their first headlining tour across the United States with Grayscale accompanying them on the road.
Check out their song “Soap” off of Okay.
- Joy Ride (@joyridenj) is a pop punk/ rock group from Clifton, NJ. The group was formed in 2012 and has opened for bands like Mayday Parade, Major League, Escape The Fate, and more.
Check ou their song “Vendetta” now.
- Knox Hamilton (@KnoxHamilton) is an alternative group known for their songs “Washed Up Together,” “Work It Out,” and “Set It On Fire.” The group has released two albums How’s Your Mind and The Heights under the record label Prospect Park. I discovered their music on AltNation and got hooked immediately.
Check out their song “Washed Up Together.”
- Pentimento (@PentimentoNY) is a punk rock group from Buffalo, NY. The group has been together since 2011 has released albums and EPs like I No Longer, Pentimento, Inside The Sea and more. One EP was split with Young English.
Check out their song “Just Friends” off of Inside The Sea.
- If you like Mumford & Sons older albums for the folk aspect, you’ll love Judah & The Lion. (@Judahandthelion) Judah & The Lion has been a group since 2011 and has released Folk Hop ‘N Roll, Kids These Days, and Sweet Tennessee.
Check out their song “Take It All Back.”
- The Japanese House (@Japanesehouse) is a rising indie pop act. The Japanese House has released three EPs, Pools To Bathe In, Swim Against The Tide, and Clean.
Discovering them on AltNation got me listening to them for awhile.
Check out their song “Face Like Thunder” now.
In other news, Broadside released their song “Paradise” off of their upcoming album Paradise, Too Close To Touch made a music video for “Miss Your Face,” and Paramore performed on The Late Late Show With James Corden (you can see the performance here.)
Rock on, stay humble, and be positive!
*Follow me on Twitter @ovictoriamedia for updates on blog posts, concert updates, and more.