In need of new bands/ artists to listen to? You can to the right post! Here is my list of 19 bands to check out in 2019!
- The Band CAMINO (@thebandcamino) is a band I’ve heard of but never heard the group’s music until August of 2018. The indie pop group formed in 2015 and has toured with The Dangerous Summer, Ben Rector, and more. The group is up and coming, and you HAVE to check them out.
Song: “My Thoughts On You.”
- Lovelytheband (@lovelytheband) is an indie/ alternative group from Los Angeles. The group has gained a following after songs “Broken,” “Maybe I’m Afraid,” and “These Are My Friends” have been played on a variety of alternative rock stations.
Song: “don’t worry, you will.”
- Val Astaire & The Communion (@valastaire) is a project created by Brian Joyce, former vocalist of Major League. Since Major Leagues break up and Joyce’s involvement with Capsize, he continued his musical journey by creating “Val Astaire & The Communion.”
Song: “Americana Summer.”
- Trophy Eyes (@trophyeyesmusic) is a pop punk band from Australia. Trophy Eyes is a band I always wanted to get into but slept on until their recent albums Chemical Miracle and The American Dream. I absolutely love John Floreani’s voice and seeing them with Neck Deep on “The Peace And The Panic Tour 2” solidified my love for this band.
Song: “Friday Forever.”
- PVMNTS (@pvmntsband) is a punk band which released Better Days EP in August of 2018. The band has a great following with the help of contributing vocalist and guitarist Tyler Posey. The group finished 2018 with a co-headline tour across the United States with WSTR.
Song: “Standing (On My Own Two Feet).”
- Sleep On It (@@SleepOnItBand) is a band mentioned in my 18 Bands To Check Out In 2018 and deserves to be put in this year’s 19 Bands to Check Out in 2019. The pop punk quintet from Chicago, IL has been taking the world by storm touring with bands like With Confidence, Broadside, and on the Vans Warped Tour. If you loved the vocals on Jason Lancaster (ex-vocalist of Go Radio, Mayday Parade) you will LOVE Zech Pluister’s voice.
- ROAM (@ROAMse) is a pop punk band from England. I’m unsure how I discovered ROAM, but as a person who loves pop punk, I really dig their sound. I know that ROAM has been around since 2012, but I started listening a lot more to ROAM this year!
Song: “Playing Friction.”
- Belmont (@BelmontChicago) is a pop punk group from Chicago, IL. The group released its first full length album in 2018 Belmont. The group got signed to Mutant League two years after forming. I’m unsure how I stumbled upon Belmont, but I love their instrumentals. I’m sure if Belmont’s shows are FULL of circle pits.
- Stand Atlantic (@standatlantic) is an Australian rock group. Stand Atlantic signed to Hopeless Records in fall of 2018 and released Skinny Dipping in 2018. I found Stand Atlantic prior to seeing Stand Atlantic on “The Peace And The Panic Tour 2” with Neck Deep. I love that Stand Atlantic is a female fronted band.
Song: “Lavender Bones.“
- Arlington (@arlingtonmusic_) is an alternative rock band from southern California. Arlington signed to Rise Records and released Walk Through Jackson County in 2018. I found out about Arlington through a press release and decided to give their music a spin! They have a blues/ rock sound which is super unique!
- All Get Out (@AllGetOut) is a band I stumbled upon while listening to music on YouTube. I got an advertisement that played this song, and I couldn’t skip over it! The vocalist gives me Aaron Weiss (vocalist of MewithoutYou) vibes which I’m totally into. All Get Out released No Bouquet in 2018 under Equal Vision Records.
- Can’t Swim (@cantswim_) is a rock/ hardcore band from New Jersey. The group gives me A Day To Remember and Alkaline Trio vibes which I really like! The vocalist reminds me a lot of the vocalist in Transit. Can’t Swim released This Too Won’t Pass in 2018.
Song: “Sometimes You Meet The Right People At The Wrong Time.”
- Midfield (@midfieldbandpa) is a pop punk band from Philadelphia, PA. A friend of mine tagged me one of the band’s Instagram videos and I really enjoyed their sound! If you like bands like State Champs and The Story So Far, you HAVE to check them out!
Song: “False Start.”
- The Night Game (@thenightgame) is an alternative rock group from Boston, MA. I found this duo when I was scrolling through Facebook and saw Boys Like Girls mentioned The Night Game in their posts.
Song: “The Outfield.”
- William Ryan Key (@williamryankey) was the vocalist of Yellowcard. Since Yellowcard’s break up in 2016, William Ryan Key has been making music and touring. Willian Ryan Key finished 2018 touring with Mayday Parade, This Wild Life, and Oh, Weatherly on the “Welcome To Sunnyland Tour.” William Ryan Key has toured with This Wild Life in Europe starting 2019 and had his first headline tour across America.
- Two Feet (@twofeetmusic) is an alternative artist with a jazz vibe. I found Two Feet on AltNation and absolutely fell in love with the vibe the music gave. It’s unlike other artists and bands in the alternative music scene that I have found. Two Feet toured with Panic! At The Disco across North America on the “Pray For The Wicked Tour 2” and a blog about the experience can be found here.
Song: “I Feel Like I’m Drowning.”
- Hold Close (@HoldClose_mo) is a rock group from Missouri. I saw them open for This Wild Life on “The Petaluma Tour” and fell in love with their sound. They were genuine guys with great music that is so easy to listen to and have on repeat!
- Between You And Me (@BYAMAUS) is a punk band from Melbourne, Australia. My boyfriend shared the song “Dakota” and really liked their sound. If you like bands like Neck Deep and Knuckle Puck, you have the check this band out!
- In Her Own Words (@@InHerOwnWords) is a pop punk band from Los Angeles, CA. They have a 2000s punk vibe which is something I really love with considering I got into alternative music in the 2000s. In Her Own Words released Steady Glow on April 12 via. InVogue Records.
Song: “Right Now.”
Are you adding any of these songs or bands to your summer playlist? Let me know @ovictoriamedia!
Rock on, stay humble, and be positive!