- We Are The Ocean announced their breakup as a band on Jan. 18 via. Facebook. The English rock group has been together for 10 years and released four albums.
- You, Me, and Everyone We Know announced they were breaking up in February. The rock group formed in 2006 in Washington D.C. and released five EPs and one full length album. The group had a variety of member departures within the 11 year timespan.
- Capture The Crown announced they’re breaking up by posting a photo on their social media on Mar. 14. The group has been together for 7 years and was expected to release their third album. The group released their last song “The Lake,” in July of last year.
- Letlive. announced their breakup via. social media. Their social media has a statement released as well as a photo that says “2002-forever.”
- The Dillinger Escape Plan announced a depature early in 2017. The group released six albums including their latest Disassociation. Some members are staying in the scene and performing in other projects including a project called John Frum.
The Summer Set announced a hiatus in October according to Twitter. The group has a 10 year anniversary tour scheduled for 2018., With Confidence announced time off as of Dec. 15 after two members being accused of sexual misconduct, Balance & Composure is rumored to breakup but does not have a set 2018 tour plan,
Thank you for reading and supporting my blog posts for 2017, reader. The future of ovictoria music blog will transformed in 2018 so stay tuned for more. Rock on, stay humble, and be positive!
* Want to know what albums are coming out in 2018? Click here.