2017 is rapidly approaching, and they’re many albums to get excited about. Here are my top 17 albums to get excited about in 2017…
- The Maine has a new album coming out in the spring or summer of 2017. The Maine had a docu-series on their YouTube page called “Miserable Youth” where fans can watch the band work on the upcoming album. It’s awesome to see a band become interactive with the recording process and let fans see how much work goes into an album. The last album that The Maine released was in 2015 titled American Candy via. 8123, and one of my favorites off of the album is “(Un)lost.”
- Zombie On Broadway by Andrew McMahon In The Wildnerness is expected to be released Feb. 17, 2017 via. Vanguard Records. A popular single off that album is “Fire Escape.” Andrew McMahon was the lead singer of Jack’s Mannequin, and I thoroughly enjoyed the music that the group had. I got the chance to see Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness open up for Panic! At The Disco and Weezer in June, and the energy of the performance was high and positive. Check out my review of that show here.
- The British trio, The xx, will be releasing a new album on Jan. 13, 2017. I See You is the indie pop group’s fourth album released on the Young Turks label. One of the singles released is “On Hold,” and I’ve been jamming out to this song for a few weeks now. If you haven’t given them a listen yet, I recommend it.
- New Found Glory will be releasing a new album in 2017. The band finished recording their ninth record and their drummer, Cyrus Bolooki, shared an Instagram photo of the accomplishment. The band thanked their producer Aaron Sprinkle for his contribution to the album. Their last album released, Resurrection, released in 2014.
- Motionless In White is releasing the new album under a different record label from their previous label, Fearless Records. There is no release date, but the upcoming album is anticipated to be their best yet.
- Neck Deep is one of those bands where I can listen to their pop-punk jams for hours on end. I’m excited to see that Neck Deep will be releasing a new album in 2017. There is no release date on the album’s debut, but if it’s anything like Life’s Not Out To Get You, the album will be outstanding. With the loss of Ben Barlow’s dad, I bet that there will be one song off that album dedicated to him.
- White Noise was PVRIS first album, and we can expect in 2017 a new PVRIS album. PVRIS’ latest album will be released under Rise Records, and the date of the album is TBA. If you haven’t heard any of PVRIS’ songs before, listen to White Noise in its entirety. Usually when I’m listening to an album, there’s one song that I’m not completely fond of, but White Noise does not have that. The album certainly does not disappoint, and I enjoy every song off the album and the transition from song to song is great.
- Broadside will be back in 2017 with a new album. Old Bones is Broadside’s first full length album released via. Victory Records, and one of my favorites off of the album is “Human Machines.” I’m excited to see what Broadside has in store for new music. Oliver Baxxter tweeted that he wrote a ukulele intro for the upcoming album, and the band tweeted that they’re going to be recording in a few days. Check out Broadside if you haven’t already. They’re up and coming!
- One of my most anticipated albums that I’ve been waiting for is Paramore’s upcoming album. Both Hayley Williams and Taylor York have worked hard on their latest album. There is no release date on the album, but I’m expecting great things. Paramore is one of my favorite bands, and I’ll always support their music. Fingers crossed!
- 30 Seconds To Mars has been teasing their upcoming album Interscope for a few months. One of the first teases was on Aug. 1 via. Twitter. The band has not released when the album will be coming out in 2017, but their last album, Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams was fantastic.”City Of Angels” is one of my favorites off that album.
- Sleeping With Sirens will have an album out sometime in 2017. The band is evolving, growing their fanbase, and writing their own music. One of my favorite EP’s from them is If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack that released in 2012 via. Rise Records. I love that album for the fact each song is stripped down, and Kellin Quinn’s voice is vulnerable.
- I The Mighty posted on their Facebook page a photo telling fans that they are working on new music for 2017. There is no word on when the album will be released, but we can expect the album to come out sometime near summer. I feel like I The Mighty will keep a similar vibe and simplicity of Connector, but add their own spin.
- The Denmark band, New Politics, is expecting to release a new album in the new year. Their latest album, Vikings, allowed New Politics to tour multiple times around the United States. There is no set date to when New Politics will be debuting their album, but I’m looking forward to it. A popular song that New Politics is known for is “Harlem.”
- There is not 100% confirmation that Brand New will have a new album out in 2017, but according to Alternative Press, an e-mail was sent out stating there might be a new album for Brand New. Every Brand New listener hopes for a new album from them. Their last album release was in 2015, Leaked Demos 2006. Maybe the band has more in store for us.
- okay. is the second full-length album that As It Is will be releasing. The 11 songs on the album will be released on Jan. 20, 2017 via. Fearless Records. Three singles that are released by the group are “Pretty Little Distance,” “Okay,” and “No Way Out.” I wrote a post about As It Is a few weeks ago, and you can read up on it here.
- The Front Bottoms has a new album that will come out in 2017. There is no release date on the album, but we can expect it soon. The Front Bottoms have been hesitant with this new record, but the band is getting popular with songs like “Twin Size Mattress” and “Maps.” The group will find their remedy and produce a great album for 2017.
- 2017 is the year that The Killers will be releasing a new album as a group. The last album released was in 2012, and I’m excited to see what The Killers have in store for 2017. The band originally stated that the album would come out at the end of 2016, but the release will be in 2017. The most iconic album from The Killers is Hot Fuss in 2004. Lets hope that The Killers new album will have great hits.
Other bands that will be releasing albums are: AFI, Circa Survive, Hey Violet, and more. If you want new music, 2017 has great albums in store for you! Pick up a copy of the latest albums digitally or physically. It’s always important to support music.
In other news, the dates for the 2017 Vans Warped Tour Presented By Journey’s have been released! Be sure to check out which date you’ll be attending. Be sure to let me know which date you’ll be going to what album you’re most excited about at @ovictoriamedia on Twitter. Thank you for all of your support with reading my blog. It’s very humbling to know that people are interested in the things that I write. Wishing you a wonderful 2017, cheers!
As always, rock on, stay humble, and be positive!